Tuesday 7 August 2012

Random Stranger to the Rescue/Sepuluh Jam!!

Week 6: 28/05/2012 - 03/06/2012

After rugby training on Thursday it started to rain. Hard. Despite calling 5 different taxi companies, no one would come to pick me up. After 30 minutes calling round, I decided I’d be better off trying to flag one down on the highway. I got absolutely soaked waving frantically at every cab that whizzed passed. After 30 minutes I was reaching the levels of despair that had me considering sleeping under a bridge until morning. In my darkest hour, however, a white sports car, with tinted windows pulled up. The window rolled down and the driver, a young chinese chap, asked if I wanted a lift….. without a second’s hesitation I said yes and jumped in his car! Luckily for me I didn’t end up as another crime statistic. Alan offered to drive me all the way home, and as a thank you I took him out dinner. All in all a slightly random, but ultimately a pleasant evening. Faith in humanity restored!

Friday evening I hit Chankat Bukit Bintang with some friends, had some nice food with Dylan, Sara and Kaylah in Pinchos, before ending up in Havana. I stayed out slightly too late considering I had to be up at 7am for a road trip to Cameron Highlands…..

Mani 2.0, Mani 1.0, Hanisa, Me, Wajih, Lydia (out of shot Abhinav)

…..so at 7am, badly hungover, 7 of us set off in two cars bound for the highlands. A journey which should have taken 3 hours too us took 10 hours. NEVER try to drive anywhere on the first day of school holidays!! With tensions running high, the trip could have made a very interesting anthropological study. Anyway, our overnight trip included a pleasant trip to a Boh tea plantation. I bought some loose leaf tea, but they didn’t sell tea pots!! The hunt continues.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment