Thursday 9 August 2012

Cauliflower Ear


Week 8: 11/06/2012 - 17/06/2012

For the first time in 12 years I kitted up for a XV a side rugby match. It may have just been a friendly at RSC, but it felt like the real thing to me. After two minutes my quads were burning, fitness wise it was a disaster, but I didn’t play too badly, made a few tackles, competed at the breakdown, stole some line outs and made good use of the ball on the few occasions I got my hands on it. The only draw back was playing lock. Afterwards my left ear was red and swollen. I really thought I’d developed cauliflower ear within 80 minutes. I followed that up with dinner with a few friends at Fresca, a Mexican restaurant at The Gardens Mall.

Thursday was the Expat Mingle and Internations, and thanks to a lift from Lianne I was able to make an appearance at both. Another fun night out.

Lianne, me and Deborah at the Expat Mingle
On Saturday I joined Choi for a lovely birthday dinner at Tamarind Springs, semi open air dining, great food and a relaxed atmosphere. After dinner we headed to Changkat so that I could watch England v South Africa, where my old school friend Tom Johnson was starting at Blindside Flanker. Our rugby careers took a slightly different course after we left school! As usual, all roads lead to Havanas, where we danced the night away until closing time, then headed to Twenty One. Dylan and I ended up going for some food with some random young ladies before heading home. 

Choi's birthday dinner

I spent Sunday afternoon taking the KL bus tour with Pip and Charlie. None of us had much energy, so to round off the weekend with a session on reflexology was perfect. 

Pip and me by the Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment