Wednesday 8 August 2012

Beans Duck

Week 7: 04/06/2012 - 10/04/2012

My long-time friend Emma and her boyfriend Mav are currently travelling round the world Check out their amazing blog). Just because they can. I was trying to arrange to go and meet them in Myanmar, but do to late planning and visa complications we decided that it was not possible. Which was a shame….. but on Wednesday I picked up an email from Emma announcing that they were just about to book flights from Yangon to KL, would I be around. YES, YES, YES!
So Friday evening, with their friend Pip (recently moved from HK to KL), we met at Jalan Alor for some food and a catch up. It felt so normal, as if I’d just got off the tube in London, but instead we were sat eating awesome authentic Chinese food  on the a busy street in Kuala Lumpur. We had a great evening, chatting, sharing stories, laughing and generally having a great time.

Chicken skewers cooking in Kampung Baru
Saturday we had a leisurely breakfast in Bangsar, Banana Leaf curry, and then instead of sightseeing, Em, Mav and Pip accompanied me to Low Yat, the technology mall, to help me buy a DSLR. It was an epic couple of hours of research and negotiating, but finally I left with a new toy and an empty wallet.
Saturday evening we enjoyed the local delights on the Kampung Baru nightmarket, including amazing chicken satay, a cackling shop owner, and Mav and myself squealing like girls whilst under attack from cats, cockroaches and a gecko!!

With all the photographic fire power at our disposal, this was the closest we can to a group shot!!

Sunday was a chilled out affair, lazing by the pool and more food. Pip’s other half Charlie joined the fun after his weekend in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment