Saturday 20 April 2013

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Week 42: 04/02/2013-10/02/2013


The week got off to a bad start when I had to abandon my Monday morning (Super Bowl Sunday!!) to attend a meeting instead…. talk about inappropriate work life balance! I managed to avoid the score all day, and after dinner with Pip and Charlie watched the full game on GamePass. Go Ravens! Great game.

Zeat Bar with Jags, Carol, Nasch and Rahul.
During the week I caught up with Elke (nice pool), hit Taps and Jalan Alor with Dylan and Cory and ended the week having a quiet dinner with Lianne at Hakka Republic (“Sorry, no desert, we’re cleaning the kitchen”). My early Friday night got waylaid by a trip to the Zeta Bar with Rahul, Jags, Carol, Nasch and Elke.  Great to see some live music, not so great to over indulge in vodka though. My slow Saturday was punctuated by a great catch up on Skype with Nige.

The worst interviewer ever (TV), me and a lion, Wajih interviewed (paper)
On Sunday, in the search for an authentic Chinese New Year experience I join Jags and a few others to attend a CNY Open House. After a horrendously early start, under clear blue skies, we ended up at a government sponsored event which was closer to a political rally than a CNY celebration. Most in attendance were only there for the free food though. 

High Pole Lion Dancing in KLCC
Being some of the few foreigners in attendance we ended up getting interview for tv and newspapers and photographed by professionals and amateurs alike. 

In the afternoon we caught some High Pole Lion Dancing at KLCC. I’m not quite sure how authentic my CNY experience was, but I received plenty of free oranges and even got my first ang pau


 

No comments:

Post a Comment