Friday 19 April 2013

Beer and Temples

Week 41: 28/01/2013-03/02/2013


Monday, a public holiday, was the last day of my family’s visit. The highlight being one final foray into the Royal Selangor shop, with my sister treating the place like Supermarket Sweep. I think my dad was concerned with who was actually going to have to carry the eclectic mix of pewter items  home. We caught a bit of sunset from Skybar, before I packed them off to the airport. I have to say it was all little bit more emotional than I was expecting. Thanks for coming folks, love you guys! See you soon.xx 
 
Chiang Mai buddies: Aimee, Beer, Some Ginger Bloke
Wednesday saw a re-emergence of normality when I met Cory and Nick for a beer. After Cory shot off for some errands, Nick and I venture to Meng Kee Grill on Jalan Alor, the scientifically tested and proven best eatery on the road. Nick was greeted like an old friend by the owner Elaine. Slightly less surprising was Nick getting recognised by the head waitress in Havana. Anytime you stay in a place until closing 4 nights in a row, you’re going to get known!!

Friday morning I jetted off to Chiang Mai, Thailand for a long weekend with Dylan and Aimee. The early start meant that we were in the town by 9am. The highlights:

Its a Bus. Its a Bar. Its in Chiang Mai
Friday
  • Wandering the quiet streets and picking at street food, admiring temples and drinking beers.
  • Enjoying the lovely weather and chilled environment
  • Losing my wallet and not noticing for an hour, only to find out that Aimee had picked it up (she let me have it back waaaay too quickly!!)
  • Aimee taking photos of a school playground, nice bush, a tree. 
  • Bus Bar!
  • The Riverside, ace Thai foor and a gorgeous sunset
Fun times in the jungle: Being kitted out by LadyBoy, Team Ziplining, Sexy hat gear.
Saturday
  • Zipling in the jungle, including getting kitted up by “LadyBoy”! 
  • Great food and views over the tree tops.
  • The horribly bumpy ride home.
  • Hiding under a fruit stall at a night market drinking beers waiting for the rain to stop
  • Seeing Aimee contribute to the flooded food court by throwing a full bottle of beer on the floor. 
  • Bartering for a fake Rolex (got a good price)    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment