Thursday 25 April 2013

Dim Prospect of Success

Week 43: 11/02/2013-17/02/2013


I caught up with Z twice this week, firstly for a cheeky beer in Backyard (live music every night) and secondly for a Valentine's Day dinner in a mamak somewhere in Sri Hartamas. Dinner total RM33.50, paid for by Z!! Cheapest Valentine's outing ever!

Yee Sang - tossing raw fish and vegetables with chopsticks whilst making wishes about the future "Prosperity! World Peace!" Thanks Wajih. 
On Tuesday I experienced my first Yee Sang (salad tossing) for Chinese New Year. A bunch of us made the trip to Cheras and Jags showed us how to celebrate in style. After food, we congregated on a street corner to send some lanterns, laden with our hopes and dreams for 2013, into the night sky. After a few abortive launches and some excess flames, we finally launched our fleet (although one did end up in someone's front garden!!)

"Prosperity! World Peace!" Thanks Wajih.
At Tom's belated pancake day celebrations on Friday evening I had this gem of a conversation.
- Hot Girl: "I used to date a guy who looked like me"
- Me: "Wow. That must have been really weird."
- Hot Girl: [pulls disgusted face] "Ugh! No way! He was beaut-i-ful!!"

Slave Driver Jags after making me get up at 5am. Grrrrrr.
Saturday was an early start, as Jags forced me to join her on a hike up Bukit Kutu. Not being a morning person I spent the hour's drive north cursing her over my (Chicken) Sausage & Egg McMuffin. The hike itself was good, a nice group of people and rewarding views from the summit. It was great too to meet a fellow (really) white man, Ginger Seth. After some "gweilo" banter with a restauranteur, we had a hilarious innuendo fueled drive home. I wrapped up Saturday with a trip to Jalan Alor with Dylan.

Oh, Happy Hokkien New Year to you too. Not only is this fortune less than inspiring, the late night fireworks were also a distraction.
Still in the new year spirit of CNY Gemma, Becky and myself took a mini road trip, in Sunny D, to Thean Hou Temple, decked out in all its lantern glory. I had the misfortune to get my fortune for the year of the snake.... Luckily I don't believe in that mumbojumbo.


2 comments:

  1. one time i had to wake up at 4:00 AM
    to meet miss Lau at KL Sentral :/
    and i slept 1:30 AM btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prosperity! World peace!

    ReplyDelete