Sunday 6 January 2013

Championship New Year

Week 37: 31/12/2012 - 6/01/2013


My year ended in the best way possible.... I was crowned Champion of the Aztecs Fantasy Football League, as Dom-int0rs Deathmen scored a hard fought, but ultimately comfortable victory over Ickey Shuffle.

For New Years Eve I joined Marcello and Choi in G Tower's View Bar. It was a vibrant party, and although we couldn't see the KLCC fireworks, the View Bar had their own display which was pretty good. The only concerning thing was at 23:55 two fully kitted out firemen arrived to observe the display... I didn't know whether to feel reassured or scared. I identified the nearest fire exit anyway....

Smash Up! Marcello, Colin and me, making up for Jack's absence by loosening a button or two.
I had a chilled out New Years Day, rounded off with great dinner at Rahul's place, with Steffie, Jags and Carolina. Some lush homemade curry accompanied by an eclectic selection of wines (I'm still convinced that "Rose"was sherry!).

Standard dinner........
I kicked off the weekend of much food and drink with a trip to Ciccio with Nick and Tom. Saturday afternoon was spent baby sitting Lianne, obviously jet lagged from her 36 hour flight back from Barbados: Her ear ring randomly pinged off her ear, she "accidentally" threw an empty bottle at an adjacent diner, and then managed empty the content of her hand bag over the floor of a shop. It was all I could do to prevent her opening the lid of a vat of soup with her umbrella handle... that would surely have ended in disaster!

Caution: May not always appear this smart and sophisticated
Saturday evening I helped Paul celebrate his Best Dressed Man in KL Status, by drinking loads of free beer. Met some new faces, saw some old faces, and had some incredibly random conversations ("I'm going to act out my name....", "Did you say 'arse first, ask second', or vice versa?"), and a whole lot of fun.

Sunday I went from lunch with Elke and her friends straight to the outer depth of society with a trip to ..... erm..... somewhere a long long way away for some dinner with Gemma and her friends. If anyone needs an encyclopedic knowledge of the best toilets in KL..... Gemma is your gal!!





No comments:

Post a Comment